Last Updated: August 27 , 2021
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, NOR DO WE INTEND TO DO SO.
- TERRITORIAL RESTRICTION
If you have any questions regarding this Section, please email us at [email protected].
- TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
- Geolocation and Equipment Information. We may collect information that does not personally identify you such as (i) your geolocation, and (ii) information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, Application, or Platform, and usage details.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- At registration on our Website, Application, or Platform;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website, Application, or Platform;
- Through mobile and desktop Applications your downloads from our Website, Application, or Platform, which provides dedicated non-browser based interaction between you and our Website, Application, or Platform;
- From you placing an order, which includes details of transactions you carry out on our Website, Application, or Platform;
- When you subscribe to a newsletter;
- From your responses to a survey;
- From forms filled out by you;
- From records or copies of correspondences (including email addresses) if you contact us;
- From search queries on our Website, Application, or Platform; and
- When you post information to be published or displayed on our Website, Application, or Platform.
We collect information from you automatically when you navigate through our Website, Application, or Platform in the following ways:
- Usage details;
- IP addresses;
- Information obtained through browser cookies;
- Information obtained through flash cookies;
- Web beacons on our Website;
- Web beacons on emails sent by us; and
- Other tracking technologies.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information that you provide to:
- Personalize your experience in using our Platform;
- Provide you with information, products, or services requested from us;
- Present our Website, Application, and Platform and their contents to you;
- Provide you with notices about account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Carry out obligations and enforce rights arising from contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- Notify you about changes to our Website, Application, and Platform and any products or services;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, Application, and Platform;
- Improve the Website, Application, and Platform;
- Improve our customer service;
- Administer contests, promotions, and surveys or other Website, Application, and Platform features;
- Process transactions;
- Anonymize data and aggregate data for statistics;
- Contact you for other purposes with your consent;
- Contact you about our products and services that may be of interest;
- Contact you about third parties’ goods and services;
- Enable the display of advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences, although personal information is not shared with advertisers without your consent; and
- Send you periodic emails, in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 as detailed in Section 11, via the email address provided by you to (i) send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions; (ii) process orders and send information and updates pertaining to such orders; (iii) send additional information related to your product and/or service; and (iv) market to our mailing list or continue to send email to you after the original transaction has occurred.
We allow third party behavioral tracking and links to third-party web pages. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Website, Application, or Platform. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website, Application, or Platform and welcome any feedback at about these sites. Please contact us at [email protected]
- DATA SECURITY MEASURES.
Fair Information Practice Principles. In the event of a personal data breach, we will notify you within fifteen (15) days via (i) email and/or (ii) our Platform notification system on our Website and/or Application. We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- METHODS AND PLACE OF PROCESSING
Mimiq processes the Personal Data of Users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Personal Data. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are times when we may share Personal Information that you have shared with us may be shared by Mimiq with others to enable us to provide you over Services, including contractors, service providers, and third parties (“Partners”). This section discusses only how Mimiq may share such information with Partners. We will ensure that our Partners protect your Personal Information. The following describe how and with whom we may share your Personal Information:
Disclosure of Personal Information.
- We may disclose aggregated, de-personalized information about you that does not identify any individual to other parties without restriction, such as for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We may disclose personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- We may disclose personal information to contractors, services providers, and other third parties.
- We require all contractors, service providers, and other third parties to whom we disclose your personal information to be under contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose them.
- We may disclose personal information in the event of a merger, sale of business, etc.
- We may disclose to third parties to market their products and services to you if you have either consented or not opted out of these disclosures.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties to market their products and services if you have either consented or not opted out of these disclosures.
- We require all other Partners, to whom we disclose your personal information, to enter into contracts with us to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to such Partners.
- We disclose personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you have provided it
- We may disclose personal information for any other purpose for which you have provided it.
Other Disclosure of Personal Information.
Third Party Disclosure.
We do not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise transfer personal information to others, unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include our hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, Application, or Platform, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- GOOGLE ADSENSE AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We have implemented advertising features on our Website, Application, and Platform including: (a) remarketing with Google AdSense; (b) Google Display Network Impression Reporting; (c) Google Demographics and Interests Reporting; and (d) Google’s DoubleClick platform integration.
We use these Cookies to compile data regarding User interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website or Application.
- COPPA COMPLIANCE (FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 USERS ONLY)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) is a federal legislation that applies to entities that collect and store “Personal Information,” as the term is defined under COPPA, from children under the age of 13. We are committed to ensure compliance with COPPA. Our Website, Application, and Platform are not meant for use by children under the age of 13. Our Website, Application, and Platform do not target children under the age of 13, but we do not age-screen or otherwise prevent the collection, use, and personal disclosure of persons identified as under 13. If you would like to know more about our practices and specifically our practices in relation to COPPA compliance, please email us at [email protected]
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR PLATFORM.
- CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2003
The CAN-SPAM Act establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have businesses stop emailing them, and spells out penalties for violations. Per the CAN-SPAM Act, we will:
- not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- identify the email message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- include the physical address of Mimiq, which is 620 Iris Ave #432, Sunnyvale, California 94086 USA;
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- give an “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” option.
If you wish to opt out of email marketing, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or contact us at [email protected]. and we will promptly remove you from all future marketing correspondences.
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND ADVERTISING
- Displaying content from external platforms
Mimiq’s services allow you to view content hosted on external platforms including social networks directly from the Website, Application, and Platform and interact with them. If a service of this kind is installed, it may still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when users do not use it.
a) Vimeo.com is a video content visualization service provided by Vimeo that allows the Application to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookie and Usage Data
Place of processing : USA
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms
These services allow interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from Website, Application, and Platform .This interaction and information obtained by Website, Application, and Platform are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. If a service enabling interaction with social networks is installed it may still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
a) Twitter Tweet Button and Social Widgets (Twitter)
The Twitter Tweet button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Twitter social network provided by Twitter Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookie and Usage Data.
Place of processing : USA
b) Facebook Like Button and Social Widgets (Facebook)
The Facebook Like button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Facebook social network provided by Facebook, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookie and Usage Data.
Place of processing : USA
If you would like to change the way we collect data about you in Twitter, visit Twitter account settings, Do Not Track browser setting, and the opt-out choices of Twitter’s ads.
Our third-party advertising providers, including Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, also use these technologies for marketing on our behalf, including the delivery of interest-based ads and measurement of their performance.
If you do not want our advertising providers to use your visits to Twitter websites to show you personalized ads on our behalf, you can opt out using your Do Not Track browser setting.
You can also opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings. To opt out of activity-based ads in Facebook, visit your Facebook Ad Settings.
- Managing email addresses and sending messages
These services make it possible to manage a database of subscription-based email contacts to communicate with the User via email. The services are used to collect data concerning the date and time when the mail is viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacts with incoming mail, such as by clicking on links included in the email. MailChimp
MailChimp is an email address management and message sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC d/b/a MailChimp, a State of Georgia limited liability company.
Personal Data collected: Email address.
Place of processing : United States
- FOR OUR CANADIAN USERS
a. Definition of Personal Information. Any information about an identifiable individual. Whatever may be the physical form or characteristics of a particular regime for “business contact information” (name, position, title, address, professional phone number, etc.)
b. Right to Access Personal Information. You can request to access your personal information we hold about you. We will first confirm whether you have requested such information, explain how we have used your information, provide a list of names with whom your information has been shared and provide a copy of your information in an accessible format and make alternative formats available if requested.
c. Right to Correction/Limited Right to Deletion. You can request us to correct or delete your information IF you demonstrate that the personal information we hold on you is inaccurate. We will delete or correct your information within thirty (30) calendar days. When we delete/correct your personal information we will inform the third parties with whom we have shared your information.
d. Right to be Forgotten. Your information will be kept with us for as long as it is required for the fulfillment of the purposes of Mimiq platform. Unless we otherwise give you notice, we will retain your Information on the Mimiq Platform on your behalf until such times as you or we terminate your User Account.
e. Data Breach Notification. We will send a notification to you as soon as feasible regarding the information of any breach that creates a “real risk of significant harm” to you. We keep a record of every data breach and, on request, provide the Office of the Privacy Commissioner with access to the record.
f. Canadian Privacy Officer. We have appointed a Canadian Privacy and Data Protection Officer, Noyan Berker, [email protected], to make sure the privacy rights of our Canadian users are protected in compliance with PIPEDA.
g. Two Factor Authentication. You may enable two-factor authentication on your account to help ensure that only you can access your account. If you do, in addition to entering your password to log in to your account to access the Mimiq Platform, we will send a code to your mobile number, which you will need to enter. This added security prevents anyone else from accessing your Mimiq account unless they have access to your login information.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Mimiq does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your “Personal Information” as the term is defined under the California Civil Code Section § 1798.82(h). Additionally, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits Users of our Website, App, or Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request for such disclosure, or identification and/or deletion of Personal Information in all our systems that we store on you, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at Mimiq, 620 Iris Ave #432, Sunnyvale, California 94086 USA.
Note that (i) if we delete your Personal Information as requested, we will no longer be able to provide our services to you and (ii) we may need to keep such Personal Information for a while during the shutting down and billing process. If you would like to discuss our Personal Information storage and processing process with us, please send us an email at [email protected] or write us at Mimiq, 620 Iris Ave #432, Sunnyvale, California 94086 USA.
- THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Mimiq to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Mimiq at the contact information set out below. This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
- LIST OF THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
|Name of Third-Party Service Provider||Contact Information|
|Amazon Web Services Inc. (North Virginia, US)||
Address: 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210
Website: [email protected]
Telephone: (855) 817-0841
Address: 1663 Mission Street, Suite 250 San Francisco CA 94103
Address: 65-67 Rue de la Victoire, France
|The Things Network||Website: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/lorawan/|
|Mailchimp operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC||
Address: 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000. Atlanta, Georgia 30308
Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns about our third-party service providers, please email us at [email protected].
- COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT/DMCA NOTICE
If you believe that any content on our Website, Application, or Platform violates your copyright, and you wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA Takedown Notice”)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent.
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material on our Website, Application, or Platform that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- Sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Mimiq’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is Noyan Berker, at [email protected], and at Mimiq, Attn: DMCA Notice, 620 Iris Ave #432, Sunnyvale, California 94086 USA. You acknowledge that for us to be authorized to take down any content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all the requirements of this Section. Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by Mimiq in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
- Privacy Officer
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Mimiq, 620 Iris Ave #432, Sunnyvale, California 94086 USA
You’ve reached the end.